The Providence Centre for Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation carries on the mission of the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul. Learn more about the history of the Providence Centre here. It became a division of the Catholic Health Sponsors of Ontario (CHSO) in January 2022.
A world where all experience compassion, justice, and peace in solidarity with creation.
Providence Centre for Justice, Peace, and Integrity of Creation advances the legacy of the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul, working for systemic change and regenerative justice in light of Catholic social teachings and the social determinants of health.
- See injustices: The needs of the times that reflect the injustices on Mother Earth.
- Discern opportunities: The opportunities where we can build bridges for the common good.
- Act prophetically: With prophetic advocacy and collaborative relationships.
How We Work
Our work for systemic change is informed by Catholic Social Teachings:
- Advocating for public policies that address poverty, environmental degradation, climate change, racism and war.
- Listening to people who experience marginalization, oppression, and discrimination.
- Bringing people together, building relationships, and fostering partnerships.
- Leading and supporting collective action and grassroots community campaigns.
- Working in solidarity with those impacted by government policies and corporations that put profit before people and/or before all of creation.
- Focusing on solutions in a non-partisan way.